These are miscellaneous records and books that are contained in the vault at the Hamilton County Clerk's Office. Many thanks go to the Jane S. Zarecki / County Clerk, and her staff, especially Michele Desrochers / Index Clerk, for providing this list!
Any links herein, point to transcriptions for Hamilton county material from these works/documents. For all other works, you will need to visit the County Clerk's office, or request a lookup through the mail. Lookups must be reasonable as the County Clerk office staff are not available for extensive research!
Listing of Books in Vault
Left Side, Center Shelf
* Final Application to become Citizens (1896-1906)
* Declaration of Intention (1917-1929)
* Declaration of Intention (1933-1952)
* Naturalization Service Petition & Record (1920-1929)
* Petitions (1932-1940)
* Miscellaneous Papers
* Census of Pensioners for Revolutionary or Military Services - 6th Census (1840), pub. 1841
* Compendium of the Enumeration of the Inhabitants & Statistics of the U.S. - 6th Census. Note: this book has original Ballots from each town in the 1860's pasted in it!
* Census of the State of New York for 1865 (statistics by county), pub. 1867
* The Statistics of the Population of the United States... Ninth Census (1870), pub. 1872
* Thirteenth Census of the US (1910) (statistics), pub. 1913
* Maps of the Enumeration of Inhabitants 1925 of NYC, Westchester Co., Rochester and Erie Co.
* Muster Rolls - NYS Vol. Regiment 1 to 38. Volume 1 (Adjutant General's Office, 1864)
* Muster Rolls - NYS Vol. Regiment 39 to 67. Volume 2 (Adjutant General's Office, 1864)
* Muster Rolls - NYS Vol. Regiment 68 to 105. Volume 3 (Adjutant General's Office, 1864)
* Muster Rolls - NYS Vol. Regiment 106 to 137. Volume 4 (Adjutant General's Office, 1865)
* Muster Rolls - NYS Vol. Regiment 138 to 173. Volume 5 (Adjutant General's Office, 1866)
* Muster Rolls - NYS Vol. Regiment & Militia Organizations 174 to 194. Volume 6 (Adjutant General's Office, 1866)
* Muster Rolls - NYS Vol. Regiment Calvary 1 to 26. Volume 7 (Adjutant General's Office, 1867)
* Muster Rolls - NYS Vol. Mounted Rifle 1 & 2 and Artillery 1 to 33. Volume 8 (Adjutant General's Office, 1868)
* Liquor Permits No. 1 (1921) - 1 entry in book:
1. Raquette Lake Supply Co. filed 6/13/1920
Affidavits & Registration of Professionals in Hamilton County
* Physicians & Surgeons (1880-1955) (Also has Nurses & Dentists listed)
* Register of Professions (1939-1943) - 3 affidavits in book:
1. Affidavit of Dentist - Ernest Clement Schwilk filed 1939
2. Affidavit of Dentist - Ward Hallock Cowels filed 1942
3. Affidavit of Optometrist - Frank A. Field filed 1943
* Register & Affidavits of Nurses (1920) - 1 affidavit entered:
1. Elizabeth E. Robinson, Long Lake, NY filed 1920
* Register & Affidavits of Nurses (1940-1941) - 4 affidavits in book:
1. Affidavit Register Professional Nurse of Alberta J. Whitman (1940)
2. Affidavit Register Professional Nurse of Beatrice J. Mead (1940)
3. Affidavit Register Professional Nurse of Helen Jarriett Higgins Rudes (1940)
4. Affidavit of Praticle Nurse of Anna Babcock (1941)
* Optometrists' Record No. 1 Hamilton County (1909-1937)
* Affidavit of Registered Professional Engineer or Land Surveyor (1938-1949) - 6 affidavits in book:
1. Affidavit of John E. Hosley (Professional Engineer & Surveyor) filed 1938
2. Affidavit of Charles S. Carroll (Professional Engineer & Surveyor) filed 1938
3. Affidavit of Gaetano Charles Sylvester as Land Surveyor filed 1946
4. Affidavit of Gaetano Charles Sylvester as Professional Engineer filed 1947
5. Affidavit of Harold S. Chartier as Professional Engineer filed 1949
6. Affidavit of Harold S. Chartier as Surveyor filed 1949
* Official Register of Attorney's & Counselors-at-Law of the State of New York 1899
* Trained Attendants Register & Affidavits, Hamilton County (1920) NO ENTRIES
* Soldier Discharge Record (1866-1946):
Discharge and Oath of Identity (1866-1890)
Discharge and Enlistment History (1918-1946)
Left Side, Top Shelf
* Conditional Sale Record Book (1925-1960)
* Chattel Mortgages
* Record of Court Minutes, Book No. 1 (1895-1959)
* Loans granted by towns (by Town Supervisors) of Hamilton County (1839-1945)
* Judgments (1840-1856)
* Mortgages No. 1 (1866-1874)
* Index for Book of Mortgages No. 2
* Index to Mortgages transfered records, Hamilton County
* Notices of Mortgage Sales, Book A - Notice of Publication
* Index to Deeds No. 2
* Homestead Exemption Book A (1857-1909)
* Lien Bond Docket (1929- )
* Book of Jurors with Court Minutes (1864-1867)
* Court Orders (1874-1888)
* Court of Common Pleas & General Sessions of the Peace in and for the County of Hamilton (1839-1855)
* Common Plea Minutes (1839-1862)
* Common Plea Docket (1830-1853)
* Justice Docket (1830-1840)
* Minutes of the Annual Meetings of the Board of Supervisors (1879-1883)
* Temporary Loan Book, Hamilton County (1931-1950)
* County Clerk Journal (1941-1947)
* Report to State Tax Commission of the Examination of the Mortgage Tax Records of Hamilton County by Carl M. Merrill & Willis Wendell, Jr. Mortgage Tax Examiners (1916)
* Town Book for the Town of Gilman (1839-1860). There is a defendant Exhibit Stamp by R. R. Law Sten dated May 28, 1906.
Town of Gilman Book Receipts & Payments (1840-1860) (in same book)
* Judgments - Justice Courts (pages 1-59)
Town Justices (original signatures), Terms & Towns (in same book - pages 60 to end)
* Book of Residents & Non Residents Payment of Taxes
* Index Deeds Book, No. 1
* Index to Deed Book No. 3
* Index to Deeds transfered records, Hamilton County (1797-1839)
Center, Top Shelf
* Report of Attorney General, New York (1919). Legislative document year ending December 31, 1919. Albany J. B. Lyon Company, Printers 1920
* Report of Attorney General, New York (1920). Legislative document year ending December 31, 1920. Albany J. B. Lyon Company, Printers 1921
* State of New York - List of lands in the forest preserve 1897 (Compiled from the records in the Comptrollers Office at Albany, NY)
* State of New York - List of lands in the forest preserve 1905. Supplement to the 10th annual report of the forest, Fish and Game Commission. Albany, Brandow Printing Company State Legislative Printers 1905.
* Highway Manual - New York State - Official Edition compiled by G. H. Betts 1904. A complete compilation of all the laws relating to highways with annotations and forms including an Appendix containing facts, statistics, information and suggestions as to the construction of State Roads and the duty of Highway Officers. Compiled and published by Charles H. Bets Chief of Revision Department, NYS Assembly in accordance with Chapter 536 of the laws of 1904.
* No Cover - List of lands to be sold for arrears of taxes for the years 1883, 1884, 1885, 1886 and 1887 also of certain lands to be sold for arrears of taxes for the years 1831 to 1882 both inclusive at the captiol, in the city of Albany commencing December 11, 1890. Albany - The Argus Company Printers 1890.
* Tax Sale 1881 - List of lands to be sold for arrears of taxes for the years 1871, 1872, 1873, 1874, 1875 & 1876 also of certain lands to be sold for arrears of taxes for the years 1840, 1841, 1842, 1843, 1850, 1852 to 1870 both inclusive. Albany Weed Parsons & Company Printers 1881.
* Tax Sale 1895 - List of lands to be sold for arrears of taxes for the years 1888, 1889, 1890, 1891 & 1892 also of certain lands to be sold for arrears of taxes for the years 1837 to 1887 both inclusive. Commencing December 16, 1895. Weed Parsons & Company Printers 1895.
* Tax Sale 1905 - List of lands to be sold for arrears of taxes for the years 1899, 1900, 1901, 1902 & 1903 also of certain lands to be sold for arrears of taxes for the years 1870 to 1898 both inclusive. Commencing December 18, 1905. Albany Brandow Printing Company Department Printers 1905.
* State of New York - List of lands in the Forest Preserve 1920. Legislative document No. 84. List of lands in the forest preserve March 20, 1920. Appendix to the 1919 Annual Report. Albany J. B. Lyon Company Printers 1920.
* Annual Report of 1916 - Board of Election of the City of New York - Pursuant to Section 192 of the Election Law. MB Brown Printing and Binding Company New York (Allied Printing Trades Council Union Label).
Last Updated: Wednesday, 14-May-2008 13:15:34 PDT
Copyright © 2000: Lisa_Slaski