Generation No. 1
1. DANIEL STONE (HUGHA) was born April 28, 1677 in Andover, Mass., and died November 16, 1720 in Salem, Mass. He married SARAH WALLIS July 18, 1699 in Salem, Mass., daughter of JOHN WALLIS and BRIDGET SHEPARD.
Child of DANIEL STONE and SARAH WALLIS is:
2. i. DANIEL STONE, b. November 10, 1700, Salem, Mass..
Generation No. 2
2. DANIEL STONE (DANIEL1, HUGHA) was born November 10, 1700 in Salem, Mass.. He married MARY WOOD January 11, 1725 in Hopkinton, Mass., daughter of JOHN WOOD and ELIZABETH BUCKMINSTER.
Notes for DANIEL STONE:
property in Hopkinton, deeds of Essex Co. 39, 23
birth: Salem Vital Statistic Records
Children of DANIEL STONE and MARY WOOD are:
i. MARTHA STONE, b. November 12, 1726, Hopkinton, Mass.; m. SAMUEL BOWKER, October 5, 1749, Hopkinton, Mass. 3. ii. JOSIAH STONE, b. July 29, 1730, Hopkinton, Mass.; d. Abt. 1790, Colrain, Mass.. iii. DANIEL STONE, b. December 6, 1732, Hopkinton, Mass; d. 1759; m. HANNAH (STONE). iv. BENJAMIN STONE, b. November 14, 1742, Westborough, Mass.. v. SARAH STONE, b. June 11, 1745, Hopkington, Mass.. vi. SAMUEL STONE, b. June 13, 1751, Hopkinton, Mass.; m. PRUDENCE BASSETT, Abt. 1777. vii. BENJAMIN STONE, b. July 9, 1738, Westborough, Mass.; d. November 1, 1741, Westborough, Mass..
Generation No. 3
3. JOSIAH STONE (DANIEL2, DANIEL1, HUGHA) was born July 29, 1730 in Hopkinton, Mass., and died Abt. 1790 in Colrain, Mass.. He married MARY SANFORD March 12, 1760 in Mass., daughter of JOHN SANFORD and HULDAH
Notes for JOSIAH STONE:
Rev. War soldier 5th Hamps. Co. Was in the 5 Days Rebellion 1787
Children of JOSIAH STONE and MARY SANFORD are:
i. ANNA4STONE, b. July 19, 1761, Oakham, Mass.. ii. BENJAMIN STONE, b. April 10, 1763, Oakham, Mass.; d. July 5, 1839, Ballina Cazenovia, Madison Co., NY; m. HANNA MCHANESS, January 22, 1783, Colrain, Mass.. iii. MARTHA STONE, b. March 5, 1767, Oakham, Mass.; d. February 3, 1853, Heath, Mass.; m. ISSAC CHAPIN, May 10, 1804, Heath, Mass.. 4. iv. ELI STONE, b. 1770, Oakham, Mass.; d. May 15, 1857, Northampton, Fulton Co., NY. 5. v. JOSEPH STONE, b. July 13, 1772, Colrain, Mass.; d. August 19, 1841, Luzerne, Warren Co., NY. vi. SARAH STONE, b. June 13, 1775, Colrain, Mass. vii. HULDAH STONE, b. September 16, 1778, Colrain, Mass..
Generation No. 4
4. ELI STONE (JOSIAH3, DANIEL2, DANIEL1, HUGHA) was born 1770 in Oakham, Mass., and died May 15, 1857 in Northampton, Fulton Co., NY. He married DEBORAH CAMPBELL 1789. Eli is buried in Main St. Cem., Northville
Notes for ELI STONE:
His was in Shay's Insurrection
Children of ELI STONE and DEBORAH CAMPBELL are:
6. i. CYRUS STONE, b. Abt. 1793, Colraine, Mass.; d. Abt. 1880. ii. SAMUEL STONE, b. August 7, 1801; m. ABIGAIL COREY. 7. iii. POLLY STONE, b. 1805, Northampton, Fulton Co., NY; d. July 11, 1887, Northampton Hamilton Co., NY.
5. JOSEPH STONE (JOSIAH3, DANIEL2, DANIEL1, HUGHA) was born July 13, 1772 in Colrain, Mass., and died August 19, 1841 in Luzerne, Warren Co., NY. He married ABIGAIL CALL Abt. 1794, daughter of JOHN CALL and LUCY CHAFFEE.
Notes for JOSEPH STONE:
Source of information for Joseph Stone was taken from "Genealogies and Family Histories of Central NY" by William Cutter. Second marriage was to a Mrs. Sage but didn't record her as I had no information. He settled between 1802 and 1808 in Luzerne NY and was deacon of the Baptist Church there.
Children of JOSEPH STONE and ABIGAIL CALL are:
8. i. ADIN STONE, b. October 18, 1795. ii. ALPHA STONE, b. May 15, 1797, Colrain, Franklin Co., Mass.; d. March 12, 1856, Farmer, Ohio. iii. ACHSAH STONE, b. July 20, 1799; d. June 26, 1814. iv. DANIEL STONE, b. November 17, 1801, Colrain, Mass.; d. February 7, 1875, Poland, Chautauqua Co., NY; m. VELONIA ROLPH, September 18, 1823, Luzerne, NY. v. OLIVE STONE, b. February 20, 1804. vi. LYDIA STONE, b. March 13, 1806; d. May 17, 1808. vii. JOEL STONE, b. May 24, 1808. viii. LYDIA STONE, b. January 18, 1815. ix. ACHSAH STONE, b. June 5, 1816. x. RUFUS STONE, b. November 13, 1817; d. March 31, 1889, Jamestown, NY. xi. HULDAH STONE, b. June 15, 1821.
Generation No. 5
6. CYRUS STONE (ELI4, JOSIAH3, DANIEL2, DANIEL1, HUGHA) was born Abt. 1793 in Colraine, Mass., and died Abt. 1880. He married ESTHER INGRAHAM, daughter of WILLIAM INGRAHAM and ESTHER WHITE.
Notes for ESTHER INGRAHAM:Child of CYRUS STONE and ESTHER INGRAHAM is:
must have been previously married as she had a daughter Deborah Satterlee
i. ELI STONE, b. July 1830; d. November 17, 1851.
7. POLLY STONE (ELI4, JOSIAH3, DANIEL2, DANIEL1, HUGHA) was born 1805 in Northampton, Fulton Co., NY, and died July 11, 1887 in Northampton Hamilton Co., NY. She married ISAAC CONKLIN, son of ISAAC CONKLIN and CHRISTIANIA. Polly is buried in Gifford Corner's Cem. Isaac Conklin died at age 65 yrs 4 months 21 days and is buried in King Cem. Sacandaga Park.
Children of POLLY STONE and ISAAC CONKLIN are:
i. CHESTER A. CONKLIN, b. August 20, 1825, Hope, Hamilton Co. NY; d. April 20, 1904, Northampton, Fulton Co., NY; m. (1) MARY J. WILLIAMS, 1854; m. (2) WELTHA SWEET, August 7, 1865, Mayfield, Fulton Co., NY.
Notes for CHESTER A. CONKLIN:
Civil War Vet. 115th Regiment, Company A, NY Vol.
Age at death 78 years, 8 mos.
source of children and dates 1880 census
Burial: King Cem., Sacandaga Park, Northampton, NY
ii. MARTHA J. CONKLIN, b. March 24, 1834, New York; d. August 8, 1877, Hope, Hamilton Co., NY; m. ELIPHALET GROFF, Abt. 1852.
Notes for ELIPHALET GROFF:
Was a lumberman and built a sawmill on Groff Creek.
Burial: 1889, Willard Cem., Hope, Hamilton Co., NY
iii. DEBORAH M. CONKLIN, b. 1836; d. Abt. 1871. iv. ELI B. CONKLIN, b. 1841; d. December 28, 1897, Glens Falls, Warren Co., NY; m. SUSAN KINNEY, January 2, 1860, Meth. Episcopal Ch, Northville, Fulton co., NY. v. BETSEY ANN CONKLIN, b. 1843; d. Aft. 1897, Cranberry Creek, Fulton Co., NY. Burial Cranberry Creek. vi. ISAAC WILLIAM CONKLIN, b. 1845; d. Bef. 1871. vii. JOHN J. CONKLIN, b. 1848; d. Bef. 1871.
8. ADIN STONE (JOSEPH4, JOSIAH3, DANIEL2, DANIEL1, HUGHA) was born October 18, 1795.
Child of ADIN STONE is:
i. DARIUS STONE, b. 1822; d. October 2, 1870; m. ROWENA.
Info submitted by: Marcia Buffett
Last Updated: Wednesday, 14-May-2008 13:17:30 PDT
Copyright © 2000: Marcia Buffett